- A licensed RN in good standing, holding a current license in
- Graduate from an accredited college with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing or other health related field, with two years of professional experience as a RN in Community health and/or home health.
- In lieu of a BS degree, the Director of Nursing may have 3 years of professional experience as a RN in community health and/or home health, with progressive nursing responsibilities.
- One year of community health and/or home health experience must be in the United States or its possessions.
- Complete the High-Tech Exam, when applicable
- Validation of high-tech experience (IV, ventilator care, when applicable)
- Attendance at Continuing Education Programs per Agency Policy, if applicable
- Availability via telephone and to provide home visits, if necessary during Agency On-Call
- Professional Liability Insurance with 1-3 million dollars coverage, if applicable.
- Able to effectively communicate within clients and co-workers.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- To ensure quality and safe delivery of home health care
- To coordinate provision of home health care services that reflect agency philosophy and
- To plan, develop, implement and evaluate agency services, programs and
- To ensure quality and safe delivery of nursing care services, is delivered within the guidelines of the ANA Standards of Care and the policies of the agency.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of home health care
- Assists in planning and overall development and administration of the company per agency policies and procedures.
- Assumes assigned responsibility for agency operations in the absence of the Administrator.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and evaluation of Client Services.
- Responsible for overall coordination of the Quality Improvement and Risk Management Program per agency policy
- Coordinates with community agencies to provide for continuity of care.
- Monitors the clinical status of all clients.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with the client and his/her family
- Interprets to the client and family implications of the client’s health status.
- Assists in the hiring process (interview, orientation, competency).
- Evaluates and supervises staff.
- Coordinates in-service training. Maintains documentation of attendance.
- Performs functions of the Nursing Supervisor as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Administrator.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with other members of the health care team and staff of the agency.
- Consistently adheres to universal precautions, aseptic technique and infection control guidelines.
- Consistently seeks, accepts and implements suggestions to improve performance.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinion of others.
- Consistently assumes and follows through on the responsibility for assignment.
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively under stressful situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of client assessments and records.
- Utilizes time effectively, maintaining a consistent level of productivity.
- Identifies and uses appropriate resources.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and clinical knowledge in planning and decision making.
- Consistently complies with standards for attendance, absence notification and punctuality.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and
- Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted notices, communications and policies/procedures.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others at all times.
|Job Category||Healthcare Services|