- The registered professional nurse provides and directs skilled nursing care and implements the medical plan of treatment that is prescribed by a licensed physician.
- The scope of nursing practice will include “assessment, diagnosing and treating the human response to actual or potential physical or emotional health problems”. (ANA nursing practice) This practice will be implemented through both supportive and restoration care.
- This care is delivered within the guidelines of the ANA Standards of Care and the policies of the agency.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- A licensed RN in good standing , holding a current license in NJ
- Pass Home Care Exam
- Attendance at continuing education programs per agency policy
- Validation of skilled experience, if applicable
- Professional Liability Insurance with 1-3 million dollars in coverage required, if applicable
Experience in home care nursing preferred.
- Visual/ hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and
- Ability to deal effectively with stress
- Maintains standards of Nursing care and implements the policies and procedures established by the agency.
- Competently assess and documents the clients biophysical, psychosocial and educational needs.
- Performs a physical assessment consistent with standards of Nursing Practice.
- Adheres to all aspects of a nursing care plan that is consistent with the medical regime to meet the clients and his/her family member’s needs and abilities, in conjunction with the client and family.
- Routinely updates the clients nursing care plan.
- Accurately evaluates and documents clients change in status.
- Effectively prioritizes the implementation of the client’s plan of care to meet the changes in status.
- Accurately documents implementation of the client’s plan of care.
- Documents teaching for the client & his/her family.
- Supervises and coaches the client and his/her family members in giving care.
- Documents discharge planning.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with the client and his/her family members.
- Interprets to the client and family implications of the client’s health status.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with other members of the health care team and staff of the agency.
- Consistently reports appropriate changes in the client’s condition to the Nursing Supervisor and the physician.
- Administers and documents clients prescribed medication competently.
- Demonstrates competence in performing all treatments per MD plan of care.
- Consistently adheres to universal precautions, aseptic technique and infection control guidelines.
- Consistently implements care in a manner that is maximally safe for the client, his/her family and self.
- Consistently seeks, accepts and implements suggestions to improve performance.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinion of others.
- Consistently assumes and follows through on the responsibility for assignment.
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively under stressful situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of client assessments and records.
- Utilizes time effectively, maintaining a consistent level of productivity.
- Identifies and uses appropriate resources.
- Coordinates scheduling of clients multidisciplinary appointments and therapies.
- Consistently submits time card and patient records completed in an appropriate timely manner.
- Consistently maintains an adequate level of supplies and equipment in working order in conjunction with suppliers and family.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and clinical knowledge in planning and decision making.
- Consistently complies with standards for attendance, absence notification and punctuality.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and communication.
- Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted notices, communications and policies/procedures.
- Demonstrates competencies to provide care to patients of all ages.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others at all times.
- Assumes responsibility to participate in quality improvement activities as directed.
- Consistently plans and implements supportive and restorative care.
- Consistently coordinates community and social services to meet the needs of the patient and caregiver/family.
|Job Category||Healthcare Services|