- To ensure quality and safe delivery of home health care services.
- To coordinate provision of home health care services that reflects agency philosophy and standards.
- To ensure quality and safe delivery of nursing care services is delivered within the guidelines of the ANA Standards of Care and the policies of the agency.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- A licensed RN in good standing, holding a current license in NJ Must pass the Home Care test.
- Must pass the High-Tech Exam (when applicable)
- Validation of high-tech experience (IV, ventilator care, acute care setting, when applicable)
- Attendance at Continuing Education Programs per Agency Policy .
IHSN – one year of professional experience as a Registered Nurse.
(In addition, while not a condition of accreditation, the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs Best Practices advises that qualifications of Nursing Supervisor for Skilled Nursing Services include the following: Experience in Home Care, Education, or Community Nursing with ID/Criminal Background checks.)
PCS – If the applicant has less than one year of professional experience as a registered nurse the applicant will follow the protocol for home care orientation that includes a preceptorship and the satisfactorily passing of an initial written competency exam written.
- Able to effectively communicate with clients and coworkers in English.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of home health care services
- Oversees staff assignments and staffing patterns.
- Provides guidance to assign appropriate CHHA’s and skilled personnel to meet the client’s needs.
- Implements current Nursing Practice.
- Conducts initial patient assessments and reassessments and plans patient care per physician’s plan of care.
- Supervises and directs field personnel in providing care.
- Coordinates with community agencies to provide for continuity of care.
- Responsible for discharge planning and the discharge process.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with the client and his/her family member s. Interprets to the client and family implications of the client’s health status.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by DON or Administrator.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with other members of the health care team and staff of the agency.
- Consistently adheres to universal precautions, aseptic technique and infection control guidelines.
- Consistently seeks, accepts and implements suggestions to improve performance.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinion of others.
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively under stressful situations. Maintains confidentiality of client assessments and records.
- Consistently submits time card and patient records completed in an appropriate timely manner.
- Utilizes time effectively, maintaining a consistent level of productivity. –
- Identifies and uses appropriate resources.
- Consistently complies with standards for attendance, absence notification and punctuality.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and communication.
- Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted notices, communications and policies/procedures.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others at all times.
|Job Category||Healthcare Services|